Yard Operations Associate
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
Why You’ll Love Wesco
When you join Wesco, you become part of a global leader in business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. With our best-in-class product and services portfolio and our massive scale, there are endless opportunities for you to build your career with us.
A Day in The Life of an Associate
As a Yard Operations Associate you will be responsible for providing efficient operations of one or multiple yards which may include operating equipment, loading, and unloading product and executing standard receiving and shipping processes.
- Provide spotting duties for equipment operators
- Perform rigging and cribbing of all materials
- Inspect all equipment used daily
- Receive, count, and record shipment data into the system
- Prepare packages and merchandise for storage and delivery
- Operate heavy equipment
What’s in it for You
- Wesco is not just a job, but a company where you can learn, develop, and build your career! In addition to training and development opportunities we offer educational assistance so you can pursue your passions
- A benefits package designed with your total well-being in mind including generous paid time off, comprehensive insurance options for you and your family, 401k, and more
- National discounts on commonly used items (computers, appliances, services, etc.)
*Benefits may vary by location and union environment
Education & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of warehouse operations experience preferred
- Equipment operations, warehouse, and customer service experience preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Strong attention to detail required
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb ladders
- Ability to walk long distances throughout the day
Are You Ready to Launch Your Career with Wesco?
Founded in 1922, Wesco has grown and transformed into an industry-leading Fortune 250 supply chain solutions company. Join us as we build, connect, power, and protect the world.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.