Warehouse Associate- Wire Cutting
Hours: M-F 12:00PM- 9:00PM
Why You’ll Love Wesco
When you join Wesco, you become part of a global leader in business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. With our best-in-class product and services portfolio and our massive scale, there are endless opportunities for you to build your career with us.
A Day in The Life of a Warehouse Associate
As a Warehouse Associate you will be performing specialized wire cutting applications and other value added services within the warehouse such as subsequent manufacturing and assembling ready to install products. You will be responsible for operating a cutting machine to cut, prepare and ship specialized wire, cable and related materials to our customers’ orders.
- Operate wire cutting machinery to prepare specialized wire cuts for shipment
- Calculate wire cutting length based on desired completion footage
- Visually inspect wire for imperfections and part number accuracy
- Maintain the wire aisle/wall in an orderly manner, follow housekeeping duties and safety requirements
- Load, unload and move material in a safe manner manually or by using a forklift or other approved device
What’s in it for You
- Wesco is not just a job, but a company where you can learn, develop, and build your career! In addition to training and development opportunities we offer educational assistance so you can pursue your passions
- A benefits package designed with your total well-being in mind including generous paid time off, comprehensive insurance options for you and your family, 401k, and more
- National discounts on commonly used items (computers, appliances, services, etc.)
*Benefits may vary by location and union environment
Education & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of warehouse operations experience preferred
- Reach truck experience preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods
- Willingness to operate warehouse equipment, including power equipment
- Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products preferred
Are You Ready to Launch Your Career with Wesco?
Founded in 1922, Wesco has grown and transformed into an industry-leading Fortune 250 supply chain solutions company. Join us as we build, connect, power, and protect the world.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.